Sunday

Together

The sweat dripped down the chin and the tattered slippers spoke much about the day's toil. It was one another day adding to almost three years. Yes, it's since three years I'm running from pillar to post to get justice to my daughter. My love , my life ! The beast had torn her apart and I was so helpless to get her back into my life. The rapist was breathing free since three years and I couldn't breathe easy since then.  My blood boiled up with white hair rooting out. The screaming painful face of my dotty had left me agitated and I'm never calm since then. How mercilessly the scoundrel pushed himself on her, the very thought had awaken me many-a-times in the falling night. My delicate darling was withered like the soft petals of a blooming flower. And I felt the pain of her detachment more than anyone else. I wanted to shoot away the beast right there in the court room. Every delayed hearing and his more victoriously puffed up chest made me more and more restless. Today, one of the witnesses turned hostile and the strings of my case laid weak. I fumed with anger and inhumanity of the witness. He too appeared partners in crime. I wanted to blow him up right when he said 'NO'. Only I know how I'm controlling myself in the court room every time I go for one another hearing. With my back drooped down under the increasing insensitivity of the society and burden of smirky smiles of the defaulters, I hauled towards my home. 




I unlocked the door and sat exhausted on the chair. I looked around and missed the chirruping of my dotty. My lone reason of existence had left me alone. Tears welled up and I cried till I felt dizzy. All WHYs occupied my mind. Why my dotty went to the trip? Why can't he be punished? Why I approved her vacation fun? Why me? Why me? ......

The clock struck nine and I hopelessly stared at the pendulum. Moving back and forth, it reminded me of my life then and now. My gaze shifted to the painting hanging close to the clock. 'FAITH.. HOPE .. LOVE' carved by my dotty suddenly charged me up. She used to say, "Mumma!!! If you believe in something with whole of your heart and have faith in turning around the stones, then believe me, your hopes will be answered soon. Just cling to it for a little more time, just a little more time." Her words echoed in my ears loudly. My faith restored and I felt more determined to get justice to my daughter. I yearned to be with her and this very feeling of being with her TOGETHER peacefully inside the empty walls shook me to fight the battle with more vim and vigour. 

Together we resolved to fight and have faith in the better. Yes, better times are coming... just a little more push, a little more perseverance.


Öbrìgadò!
JJJ
 
This post is written for activity organised for housing.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Surbhi ! You are a fantastic writer. !! Best of luck for your wonderful journey !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Rohit for your kind words. :)

      Delete

Dont leave before leaving your words here. I will count on your imprints in my blogspace. :)